Wednesday, August 12, 2009

[limitations] if I make my bed in Sheol You are there

Today I discovered that I can't actually walk 4 miles in 90 degree heat without wanting to pass out at journey's end.

I am more proud of myself for asking for a ride home from meditation than for the walk to meditation, 'cos yeah, eight miles in 90 degree heat wasn't going to happen.

We sang a musical setting of Psalm 139 that sprang to our musician's mind after hearing about my walk in the heat because of the "if I go down into hell, You are there" imagery. Which is trufax, yeah.

As usual, I was much better at meditation -- brain was quieter -- when my body was tired.

And I did indeed get a ride home.

1 comment:

  1. Asking for something is definitely harder than killing yourself. *is proud of you*

    ReplyDelete