Thursday, July 9, 2009

Joys

I feel very healthy of late, and am really happy about that. I need to lose some weight, after a very successful effort last year. Other than that, I'm pleased with the way things are going.

I get out and walk at least twice a day. I would like to say that it's because I am vigilant about exercise. Really it's because I have a dog.

I am working less than I was when I went back to the restaurant. I feel more peace, because I'm not running from one place to another all of the time. I have a lot of things to do for church, and I need more energy to do them. This week off is working wonders in that direction.

I'm nurturing friendships after a hiatus in the suburbs. Yes, it is possible to live in the suburbs and maintain your friendships. There's more to that comment than meets the eye, and it's staying that way. I'm just pleased about reconnecting with friends.

So those are my joys right now. I'm going to the kitchen now, and hopefully will make a good choice. Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment