Wednesday, November 4, 2009

For the love of water

Hi everybody,

I'm on a Masters Swim Team. Masters Swim Team is for adults out of college up to any age, women and men. I joined to get in shape and some things in swimming has changed such as flip turns, jumping off the starting block and the new breaststroke style.

Saturday, November 7th, from 5-8 is the 1st local swim meet at Gladstone Community Center.
It is free for spectators.

I will swim the following events:

50 butterfly
50 breaststroke
100 IM (individual medley with fly, backstroke, breaststroke and freestyle)
50 freestyle
a relay (probably the medley)

My seed time (average) will place me in a heat. I will compete against men, women of any age. The computer will look at my age and sex with the other swimmers, adjusting the time.

Anybody is welcome to come. I haven't swam in front of people in a very long time. I won't swim in many meets because some meets are in other states.

Yes, I'm nervous. There will be alot of people and it will be noisy.
But it will be fun and I wanted to try out the new things I learned.

It really makes a difference to work out with other people in any exercise. It motivates me to eat better, train harder and get me in shape. My passion is water.

Because of my job working in the evenings, I train with the team on Saturday only and on my own swim Tuesday and Thursday in the mornings.

Address:
Gladestone Community Center
6901 North Holmes
Gladstone, MO 64118

Please pray that all will go well. I want to have fun and try out the new things I've learned.

Vicki

No comments:

Post a Comment