Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Perfection

Hi,

I have a problem at work. Everything has to be perfectly clean and organized. For the last few weeks I've been skipping my last break. Sometime soon I'll be evaluated with my other coworkers for a school score for the year. The person who scores us is the head of all the schools and will look under sinks and under book shelves for a little piece of paper. Pressure. With the flu and other illness we're suppose to disinfect more. Pressure. There's activites events to set up and put way with tables and chairs. Pressure. A custodian may be sick and there's overtime. Pressure.

My doctor told me to switch arms for cleaning and let the tendinits heal in the right. Easier said than done! I did that. But now my left inner elbow was a little sore last night.

How do you stop from being perfect? I need to take that 15 minutes for a break to sit, breathe, and drink alot of water. My other co-worker has dust and cob webs in his area. He knows when to stop. My other worker ran out of time the other day and didn't have time to do wash the extra desks after the Halloween parties. Our rooms were trashed and frosting was on every floor. Sometimes it's impossible to do it all.

So my goal is not to be perfect. Work hard and take my breaks when needed. If I don't, then I will have major problems with my own health. I have to learn not to feel guilty if it doesn't get done and be honest with my superviser if it's a crazy night with many events.

Anybody have any advice?

Vicki

No comments:

Post a Comment